Watched SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE and rate it amongst one of the best movies to date (59 years + 10 days!!). Walked out of the multiplex with awe wanting to watch it again!!
I do not suffer from dyslexia (you are excused if you presume that from the title?) - it is deliberate. The idea is to convey reality. Facts cannot be twisted into hiding by being politically correct.
Sorry 'Big B' for ranting about depiction of "poverty porn" from the confines of upper strata's comfort zone in enclosed bungalows. I only hope it is not a fall out of 'sour grapes' syndrome that the success of the film has rattled him even though he happens to be indirectly present in the story line giving an autograph to Jamal covered in human excreta.
The film set amid the poverty of Mumbai and India's under belly is a hard hitting 'reality check' not only for our 'netas' but also the society at large that chooses to remain in denial.
The desire and right to dream belongs to one and all. The single minded determination to pursue a dream with perseverance is an object lesson to the less privileged who remain exploited by vested interest. The immense power of love and desire to connect is displayed touchingly. The A.R. Rehman touch is obvious. It is certainly worthy of Oscar recognition. Wish the entire Slumdog Millionaire team wins it hands down.
Don't miss this movie which will make you feel nice and grounded to the basics of human emotions which is time less and unrelated to ones current situation.
I've moved... again!
12 years ago


1 comment:
I agree! I was wishing I was in Bangalore watching the movie with you guys yesterday. Really.
Love you,
Tina
Post a Comment